I want us to all take a second and think about what we do in a day.
I think most of us can agree that we waste a lot of time sleeping in, watching TV, playing video games, surfing the internet, etc. Now I'm not asking anyone to stop doing these things, but I am going to ask you to sacrifice 20 to 30 minutes, five days a week, to devote to a walk.
Walking is by far my favorite exercise; I think it is because I'm not athletic, I'm not super strong, and I don't have a ton of endurance. Walking doesn't require any of those. When I get done with a walk I feel accomplished, energized, and happy. Plus I see results, my butt and legs get sleeker and tighter when I stick with walking. Heidi knows what I'm talking about.
I also looked up some benefits of walking:
1. Walking prevents type 2 diabetes.
2. Walking strengthens your heart if you're male.
3. Walking strengthens your heart if you're female.
4. Walking is good for your brain.
5. Walking is good for your bones.
6. Walking helps alleviate symptoms of depression.
7. Walking reduces the risk of breast and colon cancer.
8. Walking improves fitness.
9. Walking in short bouts improves fitness, too!
10. Walking improves physical function.
Walking has endless benefits for all of us. So I challenge and encourage all of you (and me) to walk five miles a week!
Love you all
Samantha
That is a really good challenge and it really should not be a difficult thing for any of us to accomplish :)
ReplyDelete